Im post this recipe today because many of my PALEO/Gluten free clients have been asking for a holiday treat and this one is one of my all time favorites!
What you need for bars:
- 2 cups rice crisp cereal OR for PALEO option use 1 cup coconut flour /1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nut butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup OR agave
- For Frosting- OPTIONAL and I like without the frosting personally
- 1 T coconut oil
- Chocolate- dairy free or your preference (I used Lillys’ Dark chocolate chips)
In a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil, nut butter and brown rice syrup or agave until smooth.
Using a large mixing bowl add the syrup mixture with the rice crispy cereal and coconut flakes (for PALEO option the flour mixture 1 part coconut and 1 part almond flour) stir until well incorporated. If mixture is too stiff add more brown rice syrup/agave one tablespoon at a time. You want the mixture to be slightly stiff but not to stiff to press into pan.
Press the mixture into a 9×9 pan. I like to spray my pan with PAM just for easier serving.
Last melt 1 cup chocolate with 1 tbsp coconut oil and pour over top the mixture. Store in fridge for up to 8 days.
To be 100% honest I actually like the paleo version of this recipe better!
This bar is a great snack, healthy fats and minimal carb! This recipe is also gluten free and my kids go nuts over it– makes for a great after school snack or lunch box add on!
For more recipes, tips, fitness info and workouts become a subscriber today: